Christ Church Berkeley
LOCATION: Christ Church Berkeley, 2138 Cedar St. (near Oxford), Berkeley
Christ Church Berkeley (Formerly Grace North Church), Berkeley
Address: 2138 Cedar Street (between Walnut and Oxford)
Public Transit: Take BART to downtown Berkeley station. From there, catch the AC Transit 7, 9, 18 or 19 bus at the stop in front of Games of Berkeley at the corner of Shattuck and Cedar. Get off at the corner of Cedar and Shattuck, and walk 1-1/2 blocks up Cedar. 18 is the one that runs back late enough to be useful after the dance, although it’s also usually easy to get a ride back to the BART station.
- Take I-80 to University Avenue offramp. Follow signs for downtown Berkeley and University of California.
- Continue on University Avenue to Shattuck Avenue; turn left onto Shattuck.
- Continue on Shattuck Avenue to Cedar Street; turn right onto Cedar.
- Christ Church Berkeley is 1-1/2 blocks up Cedar, between Walnut and Oxford.
Parking: Street parking only.
Dances: Berkeley Wednesday Contra Dance series, Berkeley Wednesday English Dance series, Berkeley Saturday Experienced English Dance series
Christ Church Berkeley policies
- Street shoes discouraged, but permitted if clean.
- Do NOT put bikes on the handrails that are on the west side of the hall (the mailbox side) at the exterior “elevator” at Christ Church Berkeley. There are two signs on Cedar Street (by the green zone) that could secure four bikes. Additional railings are available at the steps that go down to the lower floor front offices. Finally, bikes may be brought into the facility provided that the wheels are clean.
- The handrails are off-limits in order to remain compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act and keep the hall accessible at all times.